Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Clemson-Classes=One of the most fun places on earth

I was so lucky to arrive in Clemson 10 days before classes started because I had to "work."  Just kidding Mom and Dad I did have to work.  I had a blast catching up with old friends at a leisurely pace (very unlike the year with one hour coffee dates scheduled one after another).  There are just so many cool people here and such little time (4 years) to meet them all!

During Campus Outreach's first week activities (activities to welcome the freshman and get them involved) we went to Turtleback Falls in North Carolina.

Here are two of my favorite people Lindsay Shane (on staff at Clemson with CO) on the left and Megan Jessee (old roommate and best friend) on the left.

 Here is Turtleback Falls after a good 3 mile hike there 

This is rainbow falls which is right now the trail and just to give you some perspective look real close there is a person at the bottom left of this picture.  
 I forgot what it's like to to rock jumping with guys.  This is Brink who is also on staff with CO scaling a wall to jump off a tiny-tiny ledge. Needless to say he was yelling in pain after he hit the water.  I didn't feel bad for him.  
I also got to go to PC for the PC vs. CU soccer game.  Here is my old room from the summer minus one...We missed you Sarah! 
And the festivities continued when I got home since it was my roommate Allison's 20th B-day.  This is my other roommate Katy in the middle.  I love my roommates!  


Now I guess it's time for the classes, early mornings, test, projects, papers...Yes Nana I know I know...I'm here for school and not only for a social life but sometimes I wonder. 

6 comments:

  1. WOW !! Tough Life ! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. Thanks for sharing. I loved going to Turtleback Falls during the Spring semesters. I hope you had fun at PC. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. II'm just glad you do remember why you are there. Those rocks at the falls look dangerous. Love you (study hard) Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you decorate the birthday cake with slices of CANTALOUPE???? Unique! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha no Mom...not cantaloupe. It is a white chocolate starfish but I'm not the one that did it. It's way too advanced for me and may I just say it was the best cake I've EVER had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurry up and put out another post! This is crazy, you're still in the honeymoon phase of blogging...there is no excuse.

    ReplyDelete