Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just travelin', travelin, travelin...travelin' through

       Since my parents moved a few years ago, Christmas break for me is now a graceful ballet of travel arrangements.  Well...maybe not so graceful...maybe chaos, but it adds a little spice to my holiday hot cocoa.

My journey began in North Carolina for Christmas along with family.  Activities included being silly with my bestest cousin ever, Lolo, rock, paper, scissors, walks in the rain, time with family, and lots of eating...

These Dr.Seuss onesie pjs are probably the best Christmas gift I have received in a long time.  Some of you may not realize how much I love Dr. Suess.  In high school we were asked to write a huge research paper on an American hero. Guess who I thought deserved my attention and research?

My sweet cousin Lolo

North Carolina also meant spending time with Team Foxworth from California: my sister Jenn, her husband Russell, their beautiful daughter Hannah. (pictured below)


To all of you that don't have nieces or nephews yet, just so you know your family time will change dramatically.  Now we seven adults (and often times more) are completely content following a one-year old around arcades, parks, or any age appropriate event with silly grins on our faces looking like paparazzi.  

Here are my precious, god-fearing grandparents who do not need these wheelchairs which makes this picture so priceless.  

After NC I was off to Chattanooga for Campus Outreach National Conference. Which was so amazing I could talk for hours about it and if in some weird way that sounds good to you, just call me and I would love to tell you all I learned.  

The travels were not yet over after TN.  I jumped in a car with my parents and booked it to New York to welcome home my brother Josh from China!  It is so good having him back although for some reason he was in a hurry to scoot down to SC to see a certain someone...

After time with Josh and my parents I drove up to Watertown, NY to spend time with the Rue clan: my sister Keri, brother-in-law Micah, and their children Skylar and Finley.  Time with them never fails to meet my expectations.  There was a lot of pretending to be princesses, dance parties, ice skating, Micah's birthday celebration, watching documentaries (don't hate), and squeezing baby Finley's cheeks. I loved every minute of it.  Thanks again to Keri and Micah for their awesome hospitality and a little bit of spoiling...I can't help it, I didn't have any control over being the youngest.  


 I mean look at these cheeks! There is a lot their to squeeze.  

Now I am in transit back to Clemson where I am so excited to see my friends and finish my last semester at Clemson.  My holiday may seem chaotic but I would have it no other way.  I am so blessed to be able to travel and see my family.  As I walked through the airport a few minutes ago I am looking at all the destinations and wondering where I can go next...I think I'm addicted to traveling.   

2 comments:

  1. last semester at clemson?! what are you doing next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE addicted to travelling (it runs in the family) and those cheeks are VERY squeezable. Loved spending time with you.

    ReplyDelete