Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Parties, Parties, and MORE Parties!

      So I am officially 21 as of November 27, 2011, and I feel like it's the land of no return. The only thing I can't do is rent a car, get a room on a cruise ship in my name...ok so I definitely have some landmarks to look forward to.  If you know my family at all you know that cruises are a BIG deal to us.  Eating for 7 days while floating in turquoise water---bliss.

     My family celebrated my b-day on Saturday and I was pleasantly awoken by my niece's loud sweet little voice saying, "Aunt B!  It's your Birthday!  We get to play birthday games!"  I just assumed that she would think this was her birthday and I was fine with that. I mean she's three people.  But I caught a little glimpse of her beautiful heart when she made it clear that it was my birthday and not hers.  The heart of a child is so precious.  We celebrated all day until we ate ourselves sick with the BEST birthday cake I've ever had made by my sister Keri.  My mom slaved over an awesome b-day dinner of my choosing.  Let's just face it. Birthdays are great.  I LOVE birthdays. Not just mine...that would be self-centered, but everyones.  It is such a great opportunity to reflect on how far God has brought our broken, beautiful lives.  My life is such a story of His redemption.  

Anyway, So after traveling back from New York on my real birthday with a bunch of USC students (Barf) I came home to an AWESOME surprise.    



Not only was my room covered with balloons and streamers, there were about 15 balloons floating on the ceiling containing "secret messages" AKA scripture.  My lovely roommates helped an anonymous person pull this off before I got home and my roommate video recorded my reaction which contained a lot of frolicking in the mass of balloons.  Oh come on, you would do it too.  right?  Never mind I don't care, I'm secure in my dorkiness.  



Thank you roommates and patron of this birthday surprise! It was honestly the best part of my long...delayed flight...day of traveling.  God has blessed me with such great friends!  


In other party news Campus Outreach hosted a stellar Christmas party.  Of course being the good white people that we are we turned it into an ugly sweater party.


The awkward hand shelf oh and I apologize for my crazy friend Logan in the background.  

As if two celebrations wasn't enough I just finished an awesome night of christmas cookie making (in ugly sweaters of course) with my Bible study group.  I love them so much.  I'm not ready to leave Clemson for Christmas break.  I'm going to miss all of this too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment