Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sometimes being a girl has its perks

So the weekend is over and I'm exhausted but I had a blast.  I only had to skip one class to recover from my lack of sleep over the weekend.  (sorry Mom & Dad) I went with two of the dearest people Megan Jessee and Lindsay Shane to a NEEDTOBREATHE concert in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  The concert was so much fun since I had awesome friends to jam out with all the way to the concert...at the concert...and home from the concert.  They rival for my favorite band ever.  I cannot stop singing them!  It got so bad that when we stopped for lunch at Subway the Subway worker asked us if we were in a chorus since we were unknowingly singing the same song underneath our breath.

After the concert we stayed with our awesome, one of a kind friend, Carre Coy.  Who was a great hostess.  We lived with her this summer at Drytle Beach and I miss her dearly.  After a short tour around Covenant College, where Carre attends, we were off on our way back home.      

The interesting part of the trip lies in our visit to Subway on the way back.  After we sang our way through the sandwich line we sat down to eat and I found out Lindsay had NEVER had a Subway cookie.  NOT ok.  So I went to buy some and the sketch high school boy asked me what I wanted, proceeded to put my cookie order in the bag, looked at me and said, "just give me three dollars" with a little wink.  I was confused because I only order 3 cookies which was $1.50.  You know those times when you don't mean for something to come out of your mouth?  Well I looked straight at him and said, "you are being very sketchy right now" and handed him my three dollar.  Then he proceeded to put the money...ready for this?...IN HIS POCKET and gave me the cookie bag.  When I realized he wasn't going to give me any change I just backed away slowly and went back to my table.  Then I realized the bag he gave me was bulging at the seems and he gave me SIX cookies.

Let's do the math shall we?  3 cookies cost $1.50 therefore 6 cookies will cost $3.  It only took a few minutes and some commonsense from Lindsay Shane to realize that I did NOT get a deal and that he in fact was the one who walked away with a few extra bucks and me a few extra calories.  I mean really dude?  I did not want to spend $3 on cookies I wanted to spend $1.50.  In his lame attempt to cut me a deal, he ripped me off.

So girls watch out next time you're traveling through somewhere in Georgia for the sketchy subway character.  He is out to steal your money, wink at you, and make you think you just got a deal.  Sometimes being a girl has its perks but when dealing with boys that can't do math, this is not one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment