Monday, October 17, 2011

A normal college student?

Sometimes I struggle with wondering if I am a textbook college student.  College is a unique time with tons of freedom but very little responsibilities.  Please re-read that sentence...does it sound like it's a good idea?  Am I really in an environment to naturally build good habits and life skills?  This is not real life in so many ways, but of course at the same time it is a period of growth and maturing.

I've been ready to go to college since I was five and saw my sister move away to Liberty University.  In someways I thought college would solve all my problems of discontentment.  My wise mother told me one time when I was whining about living in South Carolina (I think I'm a Colorado girl at heart) that if I'm not happy here I will not be happy anywhere.  How true.  I can move around chasing contentment but I know now it's only found in Jesus.

 Ok the serious part is over.  Sometimes I do feel like a normal college kid.  Like when I go to the store with a specific list.  How embarrassing that this is all I brought up to the cash register.

Saturday football games 

Weird Entertaining roommates at 12 am...

 And late nights that make everyone a little loopy 



1 comment:

  1. You know, I wanted to bring you brownie mixes JUST LIKE THOSE, but you were a brownie snob and said not to bring the "plain stuff." Huh! You must not have been making those for yourself, but to take somewhere! :) Enjoy college! You were DEFINITELY ready for it by 8th grade! Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete