Thursday, October 13, 2011

My family LOVES food.

I mean have you seen us? Somehow all our activities seem to center around a meal, a snack, ice cream...you get the point.  We also have been known for "food pushing."  Go here to read my brother Josh's superb definition of food pushing.  If you know my family at all you have probably have been fed by at least one of us.  

Well part of being a college student is being a 4 year long charity case.  It's great really.   Just tonight at my work there was an extra muffin and everyone said "Oh, Bekah is a poor college student give it to her!"  I mean ok...but I don't think I'm going to starve without that muffin.  Charity is thrown at my left and right because I'm a "poor college student." People, I work, my parents pay for my school and rent, I have very minimum financial responsibilities, my monthly bills are so low you would hate me for it. Keep your muffin.

I got the privilege of driving my poor, malnourished self to DC this past weekend for my cousin Elizabeth's wedding.  It was awesome!  My three sisters and I stood in the same room for the first time in three years!  Upon my arrival my parents swept my car away and turned it into a complete convenient store.  I knew my mom was bringing me some food but geez. So four boxes later....

Please let me break down the contents for you a little: 
11 boxes of cereal 
10 packets of various seasoning (pictured below) 
6 packs of tortilla (10 in each pack)
11 cans of plain tomato sauce
5 cans of seasoned tomato sauce 
5 BIG cans of crushed tomatoes 
5 boxes of pasta 
4 bags of coffee
3 bottles of salad dressing....and then I got tired of taking inventory so there is much more unaccounted for.  


I actually had to create a pantry in my laundry room to house my new overflowing loot.  

And there was still overflow (3 boxes) that are now in my closet. 


Mom, please don't misunderstand me. I am VERY grateful not to be buying groceries for the next three years of my life.  You took "food pushing" to an entire new level.  

So fellow "poor college students" come over tomorrow night for tacos, Saturday for fajitas, Sunday for enchiladas, Monday for quesadillas, Tuesday for spaghetti, Wednesday for cereal, Thursday for tortellini.  Need I go on?  

Now that my mom well equipped me I want to pass on the Austin tradition and food push on others so head on over!    

1 comment:

  1. That was EXACTLY my plan! Now you can have company over without breaking the bank (because you're a food pusher at heart!) Mom

    ReplyDelete