Sunday, July 24, 2011

An Update from Dyrtle

Hello to my many, many followers,

As most of you know I have been living at Myrtle Beach all summer doing something called Leadership Project with Campus Outreach.  Not only do I live within a stone's throw of the ever so classy Myrtle Beach strip, but I also work at Wal-Mart.  Oh, and I am also living in a Motel.  Please note, there is a difference between a Motel and a Hotel.  As you can imagine this is the perfect storm for some great stories.

Through this discipleship project this summer I have learned so many things.

#1 How to successfully thrift shop.  We here at LP like to dress up for well...pretty much everything.

Tacky Tourist.  Believe it or not my outfit (complete with Tevas) cost me under $7.
 80's of course
Chick-fil-a cows.  Of course we had other incentives for dressing up as cows...a free MEAL maybe.  Chick-fil-a, you bring so much joy into my life.

#2 That there is such a thing called "pudding liver" that is sold at Wal-Mart.  Shame.

#3 That you can get away with wearing anything (or nothing) at the beach and that here in Dyrtle it is socially acceptable for ANYONE to wear a bikini.

#4 How cool my family is and how much I miss them not just because we share blood, but because we share an inheritance in heaven through Jesus.  I honestly do "yearn for them with the affections of Jesus Christ." (Phil 1:8)



There are many more lessons learned and many more to come I am sure of it.

3 comments:

  1. Yippee!! Woo-hoo!!!! Another blog to read so I can further neglect my children!!!! I just had to leave your very first comment ever. Love you B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri I totally understand now on you wanting people to comment on your blog to affirm all your energies you put into it. Your comment is very much appreciated. I need to figure out how to open up my comments for everyone though. I might need a blog tutorial from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't know you started a blog! We had to hear it from Josh all the way in Asia! I love it! We just need to get Jenn on board. LOVE YOU! Mom

    ReplyDelete